The Earthworks ChoirMic Series of hanging choir microphones provide pristine Audio quality without spotlighting and more Gain before Feedback while picking up almost no Sound from the rear of the microphones. They are ideal for miking choirs and orchestra or band in front of the choir.
Choir microphones have always presented a unique design and installation challenge – the traditional solution is to use an angle guide on the Microphone’s lead to aim towards the performance venue. The problem with this approach is that either a very small Microphone had to be used to keep aimable weight within practical limits – or locate the Microphone’s electronics at some considerable distance from the Element – inviting losses and Noise. The ChoirMic Series solves all of these problems.
High Definition Response
Earthworks High Definition technology results in an extended high frequency response up to 100kHz.
Accurate Off-Axis Response
The frequency response at 90 degrees off-axis is within 2dB of the on-axis response. This results in extreme accuracy and less microphone usage.
The miniature C30 is easily installed in theaters, houses-of-worship, etc
- 30kHz flat frequency response
- No spotlighting
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Electronics housed in microphone
- Prevents RFI
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning
- Comes with 30 foot balanced, twisted pair Canare cable
- Custom cable lengths available
- Does not come with XLR (order accessory C30-XLR for installed male XLR)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz ±2dB at 12 inches (30cm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- C30/C Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- C30/C Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- C30/C Self Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 324mm x 22mm (12.75 x .860 inches)
- Attached Cable: 30 feet (9.14m) Canare Star Quad
- Weight: .22 lb. (100g) microphone only; 1.2 lb (544.3g) microphone with 30′ cable