Earthworks Flex Series
Earthworks Flex Series microphones offer the same great sound and open easy to use cardioid pickup as their acclaimed SR69 and SR71 mics but with a range of quiet, flexible neck lengths. These allow real time and real world adjustment of microphone positioning. Earthworks Flex mics are intended for podium use, hanging choir mics and for reaching into hard to reach places such as drums and hammer dulcimers.
Their on-axis sound quality is natural and uniform all the way out to 90 degrees and yet arrivals from off-axis are rejected smoothly with very little coloration. This is a strong plus for church, civic and corporate podium vocal applications because an orator moving about in front of the mic will be picked up more evenly than with most microphones.
The sound quality of the Flex mics is every bit as good as Earthworks’ other cardioids for applications ranging from acoustic guitar to choirs. Earthworks Flex mics will also cleanly handle very loud sources like drums and guitar amps.
The Flex Series Microphones are flat from 50Hz to 20kHz within +/-2dB at 6 inches. This level of accuracy is unusual in flexible microphones. Earthworks Flex mics facilitate intelligibility and communication through time accurate response. Earthworks mics are optimized for fast clean impulse response. This results in uncolored sound because the relationships between frequency and time are less smeared than with normal mics. They sound true to life and are very user friendly.
Half a meter is just the right length for most podium and church applications. Its swan-like neck can be adjusted with very little handling noise and it will stay where you put it. It is a good size to position unobtrusively into an instrumental ensemble or in front of a choir for sound reinforcement or recording.
- Uniform frequency response on or off-axis
- Will handle up to 139dB SPL
- No handling noise
- High rejection of sounds to the rear of the microphone
- RFI resistant
- Incredible gain before feedback
- Orators can speak above, below or to either side of the microphone and maintain the same pristine sound quality with high intelligibility
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Weight: .25 lb. (25g)