The Earthworks FlexWand™ Series 7’ integrated microphone systems are designed for miking choirs.
When you do not want to compromise appearance for sound quality, the FW730 FlexWand™ provides the best of both worlds. Combining a 30kHz cardioid microphone, low profile microphone stand and boom as a single freestanding unit, the FW730 delivers a low profile and flexible miking solution for choirs and other applications.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, which simplifies microphone placement and and ensures more gain before feedback. With 32dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments.
The FW730 FlexWand’s wide coverage area allows for the use of fewer Earthworks microphones with better coverage and sound quality. And there is no spotlighting, so no one voice will stand out ahead of the rest. Instead, your choir will sound like a unified voice instead of a bunch of separate voices.
Beyond its improved audio performance and coverage, the FlexWand is designed with functionality in mind. The microphone head can be positioned as high as 7 feet and as low as 1.5 feet from the floor or anywhere in between, allowing a nearly unlimited number of microphone positioning options.
Additionally, there are no visible wires or cables above floor level. Instead, the microphone cable plugs into the base of the microphone, making it incredibly low profile and clean.
While designed with the needs of choirs and orchestras in mind, the FW730 is also highly effective for drums and percussion, electric and acoustic instruments and speech.
Standing 7’ 2” tall (2.18m) and measuring just .75 inches (19mm) at its widest point, the FW730 FlexWand™ provides both height and a very low profile appearance, virtually disappearing from sightlines in the congregation, audience or on camera.
The FW730 incorporates a large flex section near the center of the stand that couples the stand and the wand, allowing you to adjust the microphone from its tallest height at 7’ 2” (2.18m) to 1.5’ (0.45m) above the ground and anywhere in between. The mini-gooseneck between the end of the wand and the microphone head lets you precisely and quickly position the microphone for optimal coverage.
The sturdy cast iron base provides enough weight so that there is no concern of the FW730 FlexWand™ falling over if it is bumped into. Rather, the microphone easily stabilizes itself.
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- Frequency response up to 30kHz
- Near perfect polar response and the ability to reject sounds from the rear of the microphone, making it a perfect solution for choirs and vocal groups
- Substantial improvement in gain before feedback
- Handles high sound pressure levels with high rejection of sounds to the rear of the microphone
- Ideal where bands or orchestras are placed in front of a choir, as the FlexWand™ will reject much of the sound of the band or orchestra
- The near perfect polar response of the FlexWand™ allows the use of fewer microphones on choir, with better sound quality, no spotlighting and incredible rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone
- The sturdy 12 pound cast iron base will not allow the FlexWand™ to be accidentally knocked over
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Positioning Range: From 1.5 ft. to 7 ft. above floor level
- Dimensions: Stand 7’ 2” long (2.18m), Base 12” (30.5cm) in diameter, (2.7cm) high
- Color: Stand, flex & wand – black, base – dark gray
- Weight: Stand 2 lbs. (.9 kg), Base 12.6 lbs. (5.7kg)