30kHz Gooseneck Microphones for Ceiling or Table Installation
The IM Installation Series gooseneck microphones provide a low profile, pristine sounding microphone solution for permanent installations. Featuring a flat frequency response and patented polar technology, orators will maintain the same intelligibility throughout the room without a loss of high frequencies.
- 30kHz flat frequency response
- No spotlighting
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Near perfect polar pattern
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning
- Black, white or silver finish on exposed sections
- Primary applications include teleconferencing, distance learning, surveillance, boardrooms, government facilities, and ambient room miking
The narrow usable portion of a conventional microphone’s polar response (with full frequency response) provides only a narrow area that will pick up sounds without high frequency losses at the sides of the microphone. The figures on the left indicate how many conventional microphones it takes to cover a room (with an 8 foot ceiling) and provide the full frequency response of the microphone at the head of a six foot man, in standing position.
The figure on the right shows the much wider polar response (with full frequency response) of Earthworks directional High Definition Microphones™, requiring fewer microphones. In addition you also have more sound level before feedback, no spotlighting or highlighting, more rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone, in addition to a vastly superior sound quality.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)