30kHz Battery Powered Measurement Microphone
The M30BX is a cost effective measurement microphone intended for large and small room calibration. The ultra wide frequency response of 9Hz to 30kHz is flat throughout the entire spectrum and results in accurate room calibration using Smaart, MLSSA, SIMM and TEF based systems. The small element yields an omni-directional pattern resulting in a wide pick up area at the front and sides of the microphone capsule.
Designed for remote use, the M30BX body opens for replaceable battery access, with a battery life of 300 hours. This M30BX requires 6V Lithium or 4 LR44 alkaline batteries.
The M30BX’s audio performance is unparalleled. It has a flat frequency response that extends from 9Hz to 30kHz, an exceptionally consistent omnidirectional polar response, 130dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise. With temperature compensated electronics the M30BX was built to deliver repeatable results no matter what the environment.
Extremely fast impulse response and linear phase response make the M30BX ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software like SMAART™, SIM™, REW™, Electroacoustics Toolbox™, FuzzMeasure™ and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Every M30BX is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration
- Microphone body opens for replaceable battery access, with a battery life of 300 hours
- Works with RTA apps by using iPad / iPhone to TRRS to XLR mic cable
- 30kHz flat frequency response
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC™ previously offered by EAW
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART™, MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, TEF™ and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 30kHz ±1/-3dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 6V Battery Type P28 (2CR-1/3N, 4LR44 or equivalent)
- Max Acoustic Input: 130dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 220mm x 22mm (8.65 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .4 lb. (180g)