The pinnacle of performance.
Imbued with unparalleled performance and stunning realism, the end address SV33 inspires vocal performances that bring studio sessions to new heights. Inside this beauty lives a perfect fusion of technology, performance and attention to detail.
Best in Class Sound
Following a heritage defined by jaw-dropping realism and unparalleled performance, the front address SV33 delivers vocal performances brimming with stunning detail. Encased in the stainless shell is a 14mm cardioid capsule that delivers warmth coupled with staggering depth.
Its discrete Class A circuitry means that your signal path will remain uncompromised, delivering the purest sound possible. With the SV33 you will achieve unmatched sonic clarity and world-class performance for every recording session.
The SV33 excels at delivering crystal clear vocals full of detail and nuance; effortlessly positioned forward in the mix with incredible low end, smooth midrange and high frequency detail. The openness and the air, it’s all there. Giving you a big vocal track full of vibrant presence with incredible intimacy.
Never has there been a vocal microphone that gives you this much freedom. Freedom to express, to move, to take risks and capture every essence of the vocal performance.
The SV33 eliminates limitations found in other high end studio microphones and infuses ease into the process for both the vocalist and the engineer. With 140 degrees of freedom across the frontal hemisphere every moment of joy, longing, pain or elation will come through with breathtaking lifelike clarity.
More Than a Vocal Mic
Designed for vocals. Excels at so much more. With the Earthworks DNA at its core, the SV33 defies boundaries and shines on every instrument in your studio.
Built to Last
Meticulously sculpted out of stainless steel and finished in a premium Nextel® Dark Black finish for low reflectivity and durability, the SV33 is built to last.
The Mic In the Mix – David Weiss
A 2X Grammy-nominated producer, mixer, engineer, songwriter and beatmaker (Ornette Coleman, Norah Jones, Randy Brecker, Pete Seeger), Klun is partners with the celebrated drummer Aaron Comess (Spin Doctors) in their well-equipped Brooklyn facility.
“This vocal recording gives me everything I need to work with,” said Klun after his first listen of Hoyes’ track. “The low end, the air were all there. The Earthworks SV33 has a very big sweet spot that brings forward the intimacy in the human voice.
“Looking ahead in the production, I can already hear how this lead vocal is going to sit so clearly in the middle of the mix. A lot of mixers will tell you that the hardest thing to do is to get that vocal to the forefront – the vocal is always the struggle. With this microphone, there’s no more struggle.”
- Transparent-sounding vocal microphone with 30Hz to 33kHz frequency response
- Class A circuitry maintains the full integrity of your signal
- Wide cardioid pickup pattern provides a massive sweet spot and excellent off-axis rejection
- 145dB of SPL handling ensure that the SV33 can tackle loud sources with ease
- Yields crisp, clear, authentic reproduction that sits perfectly in the mix
- Delivers a lifelike, intimate quality that inspires stellar performances
- Includes cherry wood box, mounting bracket, and manual
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 33kHz ±2dB at 5 inches (12.7cm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 15dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 211mm x 50mm (8.32 x 1.97 inches)
- Weight: 2.5 lb (1.13kg)