The Next Step in Multi-effects Pedal Evolution
Eventide’s H90 Harmonizer re-defines the sonic possibilities of a multi-effects pedal, seamlessly merging the studio-level versatility of Eventide’s flagship H9000 rack unit with the streamlined form factor of the H9 Max pedal. The H90 Harmonizer starts with all of the 52 algorithms found in the H9 Max pedal — all derived from the same ARM-based architecture found on the H9000 — then tops off this formidable foundation with 10 all-new algorithms for even greater versatility. Beyond that, the H90 boasts a significantly expanded control set compared to the H9 Max’s single-knob setup: five push knobs; seven LED buttons; a trio of footswitches; and a high-resolution OLED display are designed to allow for instant mid-song adjustments without compromising on the Harmonizer series’ deep editing options, further enhanced via the H90 control software. True to its rack unit heritage, the H90 is finished off with a massive level of I/O configuration options, including MIDI in/out/thru, two expression pedal inputs, and USB functionality to personalize and tweak your setup.
62 total ARM-derived algorithms and 10 new effects
The Eventide H9 Max’s massive library of algorithms — including modulation, delay, tremolo, overdrive, and everything in between — has made it a modern multi-effects classic. But the H90 takes it even further by enhancing all previous algorithms with extended features, in addition to seven all-new studio-quality effects.
- Polyphony: This mode uses Eventide’s SIFT (Spectral Instantaneous Frequency Tracking) technology to pitch shift your tone with unparalleled tracking and accuracy. It’s an exceptionally versatile mode that covers everything from fluid chorus-like tones to crystals-type effect, with a built-in freeze function for spacey pads.
- Prism Shift: One of the H90’s more experimental effects, Prism Shift generates three voices from a single chord, separating, staggering, and pitch shifting the notes to create four arpeggio types in three octaves.
- Even-vibe: A replication of a classic swirling phaser effect, but with the addition of stereo functionality and envelope followers.
- Head Space: Old-school 4-head tape delay, sporting a plethora of tone-shaping tools for analog grit and character.
- Bouquet Delay: Classic bucket-brigade delay with spacey modulation. Upgraded with pitch jump and self-oscillation for wild noisy experimentation.
- Wormhole: Eventide describes this one as a “mega-sized hyper-modulated reverb” — that’s about as apt of a description as you’re going to get!
- Weedwacker: A screaming 2-stage overdrive reminiscent of everyone’s favorite green dirtbox.
A trio of historic Eventide effects
As if that wasn’t enough, the H90 also includes three stunning emulations of historic Eventide rackmount effects.
- Instant Phaser: If you’ve heard “Kashmir,” you’re already familiar with this phaser. Instant Phaser is an emulation of the first dedicated studio phaser, packed with decidededly old-school swirl and whoosh.
- Instant Flanger: Like the Instant Phaser, the Instant Flanger is also a replication of the world’s first dedicated flange unit. Though it’s a few decades old, this effect performs remarkably well in variety of different sonic applications, from a subtle warble to an all-out jet-engine takeoff.
- SP2016 Reverb: A reverb classic, containing beautiful room, stereo room, and high-density plate tones to add a touch of old-school echo to your tone.
Streamline your stage setup
The Eventide H90 boasts a drastic increase in stage functionality, replacing menu diving and screen tapping with a host of player-friendly control features! Five tactile push knobs make it a breeze to dial in quick and precise adjustments, with the two larger push knobs allowing you to swap between the H90’s three modes: Select; Bank; and most important for musicians looking to take on the stage, Perform. This last mode transforms the H90 into a performance powerhouse with programmable footswitches and a wide variety of different map functions, including tap tempo, preset insert bypass, and momentary states. The Perform hotknob unlocks hand-controlled expression mapping, supplying up to six assignable parameters via the trio of push-button quick knobs. Beyond that, the H90 also features dual inputs for expression pedals or auxiliary switches with up to three buttons. Finally, if you would rather dive into the depths of screen-based fine tuning and sonic sculpting, the H90’s high-res OLED display, seven LED buttons, USB functionality, and H90 control software provide for a limitless level of algorithm exploration!
Studio-level I/O power
No matter how you’re looking to configure your setup, the H90 Harmonizer’s massive assortment of I/O options has you covered. Two mono inserts — which can be combined to function as a single stereo insert — provide you with the power to incorporate your favorite outboard effects, and best of all, they can be placed anywhere within the signal chain. The versatile Dual Mode allows you to rig up using the 4-cable method, and it can even process two stereo instruments at the same time. Top it all off with MIDI in/out/thru, USB functionality, and instrument/line level operation (with gain control), and the H90 is all but destined to become the centerpiece of your rig!
- Contains 62 effect algorithms total, from the most basic always-on sounds to cutting-edge experimental modulation
- Utilizes the same ARM-based architecture from the Eventide flagship H9000 Harmonizer for studio-quality fidelity
- Contains all effect algorithms from the H9 Max, further improved with features previously only seen on plug-ins and dot9 pedals
- 10 new algorithms: 7 brand-new effects and 3 models inspired by legendary Eventide classics
- Twin-turbo Program Power combines 2 different algorithms into a single program, with true spillover, series/parallel routing, and versatile I/O
- Dual mono inserts that can be placed anywhere in the signal chain, allowing for seamless integration of outboard effects
- Process 2 independent stereo sources or use the 4-cable method with Dual Mode
- Front panel revamped with 5 push knobs, 7 LEDs, and an OLED display for streamlined functionality and effortless adjustment
- 2 expression pedal inputs; up to 3-button auxiliary switches and CV signals
- MIDI in-out/thru for enhanced control
- Instrument or line-level operation with gain control to accommodate a variety of input and output configurations
- USB functionality and H90 control software provide deep editing possibilities
- Built-in tuner to save another spot on your pedalboard
- Inputs 1 – 4: ¼ inch TS mono jack
- Outputs 1-4: ¼ inch TS mono jack
- Exp/Ctl 1-2: ¼ inch TRS / Expression pedal or Aux Switch
- USB Type-C: Use USB 2.0 for control, updates, and MIDI
- MIDI In: Five-pin DIN (Female)
- MIDI Out/Thru: Five-pin DIN (Female)
- DC Input Jack: 5.5/2.5mm plug / Center Positive (+)
- Analog I/O:
- Input Impedance (Inst. Level): >600k ohms
- Input Impedance (Line Level): >80k ohms
- Output Impedance: 220 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10k ohms
- Maximum Input Level (Inst): +4dBu
- Maximum Input Level (Line): +14dB
- Power: 12V DC @ 1A / Center Positive (+), 5.5/2.5mm jack
- Dimensions (Product): 170 (W) x 136 (D) x 68 (H) mm
- Dimensions (Package): 265 (W) x 180 (D) x 75 (H) mm
- Weight (Product): 0.84 kg
- Weight (Package): 1.36 kg
- Shipping Contents: H90, Eventide Sticker, 4x Rubber feet, Guitar pick, Universal power supply with plugs (US, UK, EU, AUS), USB A to Type-C cable, Quick Reference Guide