Alpha 65 EVO
Alpha 65 Evo has a 1″ (25mm) Aluminium tweeter and a 6.5″ (16.5cm) woofer with Slatefiber cone developed and manufactured in Focal’s workshops in France. This monitor features excellent dynamics and neutrality in its tonal balance. Thanks to new technologies and features, Alpha 65 Evo is highly versatile.
Audio leader Focal presents its new line of professional monitors: Alpha Evo
Focal evolves its Alpha range with the newly unveiled Alpha Evo. New features, new technologies, new design: the Alpha 50 Evo and Alpha 65 Evo studio monitors offer high performance at a price unrivalled on their market, providing ultra powerful professional tools to more people than ever. With these new product, the French brand showcase once again its sound expertise and asserted its position as a global leader.
Performance & versatility
Dedicated to music creation and all reproduction, the Alpha 50 Evo and Alpha 65 Evo guarantee excellent sound coherence, no matter where you’re listening. For renewed performance, Focal has chosen an aluminium inverted dome tweeter to ensure vast sound dispersion, as well as the Slatefiber cone. This recycled carbon cone, produced exclusively by the French brand at its Saint-Étienne workshops, has been chosen for its neutrality and dynamics. Focal is constantly renewing its offering, drawing on its acoustics expertise of over 40 years and its innovation capacity. This is demonstrated by the new large laminar port, which limits distortion noise.
Evo for Evolution. The Alpha Evo monitors boast a new 1/4″ (6.35mm) TRS jack input—in addition to the XLR and RCA analogue inputs—, a disengageable automatic stand-by mode and inserts for wall and ceiling fastening: a truly versatile range (Mix, Mastering, DJ, Broadcast). In terms of amplification, the monitors are each equipped with two class D amplifiers. The high current capacity of these allows full control of the signal dynamics. It also allows high volumes to be reached without distortion. Each of the loudspeakers picks up the smallest details in the mix, across all musical styles.
Design and cabinet-making
The monitors feature a 5/8″ (15mm) -thick MDF cabinet, and incorporate internal braces to ensure it is highly robust, even at the highest levels of acoustic pressure. The bass-reflex design has been used to ensure easy acoustic integration in even the most cramped spaces. In terms of aesthetics, the traditional cube monitor shape makes way for rounded contours. The side panels create a sophisticated, robust and modern design which contributes to excellent acoustics and a unique and harmonious signature across the collections.
- Excellent dynamics
- Wide dispersion enabling the same sound to be maintained throughout the entire room
- Slatefiber cone manufactured in France
- Identical tonal balance at both low and high volume
- Connect up to 3 audio sources
- Inserts for wall fastening
- Automatic disengageable stand-by mode
- Protective grills included
- Type: Alpha 65 Evo Monitoring
- Frequency response (+/- 3dB): 40Hz – 22kHz
- Maximum SPL: 104dB SPL (peak @393/8″ (1m))
- Inputs Connectors:
- TRS: symmetrical 10kOhms
- XLR: symmetrical 10kOhms
- RCA: asymmetrical 10kOhms with compensated sensitivity
- Medium and low frequency amplifier: 55W (music), class D
- High frequency amplifier: 25W (music), class D
- Automaticstand-by mode: After around 15 minutes of no use By signal detection >6mV
- Power supply: 100 – 240V~ (T2AL fuse/250V)
- Connection: IEC socket and detachable power cable
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, 0 or +6dB
- Level midrange/bass (0 – 300Hz): Adjustable, +/-6dB
- Treble level (4.5 – 22kHz): Adjustable, +/-3dB
- Power on/off: On/off switch on the rear panel
- Stand-by consumption: <0.5W
- Views and controls: On and off LED – Stand-by LED
- Woofer: 6.5″ (16.5cm), Slatefiber cone
- Tweeter: 25mm (1″) with aluminium inverted dome
- Construction: 0.6″ (15mm) MDF
- Finish: Black vinyl and paint
- Dimensions with 4 rubber feet (HxWxD): 339 x 261 x 289mm
- Weight: 7.6kg