Get That “Vintage Sound!”
Everything you want from a large-diaphragm tube mic! The CV4 from Miktek manages to give you two things every studio engineer wants — amazing tube warmth plus extreme versatility. Forget those single-purpose mics that only sound good on male vocals or female vocals… when you invest in the CV4 large-diaphragm condenser microphone, you’re getting a multipurpose studio workhorse. The versatility comes from the CV4’s nine pickup patterns, easily selectable to tailor your sound to any source. You’ll love the CV4 on the usual suspects, including vocalists and acoustic guitar. You’ll be surprised, though, by how well the CV4’s musical response works in a pair as overheads or as ambient room mics.
The heart of the Miktek CV4’s sound comes from its AMI BT4 transformer and original NOS Telefunken EF800 tube — offering up a classic sound you’d expect from some of the earliest vintage tube microphones. All in all, the CV4 manages to gives you that artist-pleasing, producer-pleasing “big sound.” The bottom end is warm, tight, and big, complete with present and even mids. And the highs? Sweet and airy, reminiscent of those vintage studio staples that drive a high price tag. And you get all of that, at unbeatable value, with the CV4. To round things out, Miktek’s CV4 comes with a swivel mount in a wooden box, set inside an aluminum case, and complete with a power supply, a 7-pin XLR cable, and a shockmount. Worth every dollar.
- Large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone with vintage-style warmth
- Nine selectable polar patterns for versatility in the studio
- Features the MK9 capsule with dual 1″ diaphragms
- Sports an AMI BT4 transformer for a classic sound and extended low-end response
- Features an original NOS Telefunken EF800 tube
- Hand-built using components from the US, Europe, and Asia. Tested/packaged in Nashville.
- Each microphone includes its serialized frequency response graph created during final testing
- Packaged with its swivel mount in a wooden box, set inside an aluminum case
- Classic Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Design
- MK9 Dual 1-inch Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragms
- Nine Selectable Pick-up Patterns
- AMI BT4 Transformer
- Original NOS Telefunken EF800 Tube
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- External Power Supply and 7-pin XLR Cable
- Wood Presentation Case with swivel-mount, shock-mount and rugged aluminum Carrying Case