The ML-4D/OUT is an exquisite analogue output unit that converts four Dante input signals into four line output signals. In addition, it also supports four-channel Dante output as well, making it possible to use virtually any audio sources within an established Dante network. Available with Euroblock (ML-4D/OUT-E) or XLR (ML-4D/OUT-X) connectors for analogue outputs, this model can be used for a wide range of applications.
The ML-4D/OUT is part of the Tascam Dante Compact Processor Series consisting of compact, half-rack size audio converters for Dante/AES67 networks. The models easily add additional mic/line or AES/EBU inputs/outputs to Dante audio networks in public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios or upmarket domestic environment and can be freely combined.
A key advantage of the product range is the DSP processor built into each unit. By providing not only mixing functions and EQ but also dynamic processing, automatic level control, auto-ducking, routing and noise compensation, even small systems can fully perform without additional signal processing or mixing devices. From the input of microphone signals to the output of powered speakers or recording devices, the Dante Compact Processor Series can build up a complete small system on their own.
Remote control is possible via two different software applications available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices: Tascam DCP Connect for configuration and Tascam EZ Connect for end users, both of which are simple to use and included with the units. The ML-4D/OUT also offers the possibility to control its output levels via GPI.
All models can be powered by PoE or an optional AC adapter. By using power daisy-chaining, two units mounted side-by-side in a rack can be powered by one AC adapter
Space-saving break-out box for quick setups or permanent installation
As a compact 4-channel line output device for Dante networks, the Tascam ML-4D/OUT is ideal where space is a limiting factor. Install it, for example, under a table or shelf in a conference room or broadcast studio, side by side with another device in a touring or studio rack using the AK-RS1 rackmount shelf, or place it wherever analogue outputs are currently required.
DSP features for everything your audio needs
The ML-4D/OUT incorporates a complete set of DSP functions for all the processing your output audio signals might need, plus mixing and internal routing. Use the included 10-band EQ, delay, limiting and other features to taylor each output to the requirements of your room or use case.
Built-in 6×4 mixer
Using the internal mixer, you can create four different mixes from the four Dante input channels which can then be assigned to the four line outputs or Dante outputs via the routing matrix. The mixer is also equipped with a ducking function and an ANC (ambient noise compensator) function, which detects the level of environmental sounds and automatically adjusts the input level of the source.
Built-in 8×8 routing matrix
The routing matrix lets you assign the four mixes or four Dante inputs to the four analogue outputs and/or four Dante outputs. And if you need only a simple line output unit, you can bypass the entire mixer and assign just Dante inputs to line outputs.
Store scene presets and recall them using timer events
You can save your input/output routings, mix levels and other settings as one of 50 presets. This makes it easy to switch between different types of events or environments. By using scene presets together with the timer event function* (which brings its own SNTP client), it is possible to automatically change settings at specified times.
Comfortable and reliable: Power supply via PoE
All DCP series models can be powered over the network connection (PoE, Power over Ethernet). This means you don’t need an AC adapter for each unit – there does not even have to be a socket at the installation site when using a PoE compatible network switch. This can lead to drastically reduced installation costs if a system consists of several DCP units.
Remote control via dedicated software
The DSP functions on board the ML-4D/OUT can be controlled by software on a laptop, tablet computer, or even smartphone. Depending on the amount of controls the user should have access to, you can choose between two types of remote control software:
- Tascam DCP Connect: Designed for system integrators/managers who handle the configuration and settings of an entire system.
- Tascam EZ Connect: Designed for end-users, allowing them to use simple controls. The administrator can specify which controls are accessible.
Flexible routing through Dante Controller
Apart from its internal routing capabilities, audio to and from the ML-4D/OUT can be assigned to other devices via the Dante Controller, a configuration software used to manage all the audio devices in a Dante network. Our DCP models are also compatible with Dante Domain Manager which features security functions and enables the use of wide-area networks and subnets. This helps to easily integrate the Dante Compact Processor Series into already established network infrastructures. And with the AES67 mode, even connection to Ravenna and similar AES67 networks is possible.
- Four balanced line outputs
- Two product variants:
- ML-4D/OUT-E: Equipped with Euroblock connectors for permanent installation
- ML-4D/OUT: Equipped with XLR connectors for touring and other more flexible applications
- Dante interface allows audio signals to be transferred over an Ethernet network
- Two LAN connectors for Dante daisy-chaining
- Flexible routing with “Dante Controller” software
- AES67 is supported to allow connection with Ravenna and other compatible audio network technologies
- Up to 96 kHz sampling rate and 24 bit resolution
- Front-panel indicators for operation status and current sample rate
- Signal indicators for analogue output signals
- Output levels can be controlled by GPI (ML-4D/OUT-E only)
- Power supply by PoE (Power over Ethernet) or optional PS-P1220E AC adapter
- Power daisy-chaining allows two units to be supplied from one AC adapter
- Half-rack size chassis (1U)
- Attachment brackets included for mounting the unit under a table top, for example
- Four Dante audio input and output channels
- Powerful DSP mixer
- Mixer features: Matrix mixer, ducking, ambient noise compensator (ANC), routing
- Output features: 10-band equalizer, delay, mute, fader, limiter, polarity
- Up to 50 scene presets can be saved
- Timer event function allows presets to be switched at specific times (planned for a future update)
- Five different reference levels available to adapt to virtually any application in consumer, professional or broadcast environments
- Two types of control software available (compatible with Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices):
- Tascam MX Connect for system integrators offers full access to virtually all settings
- Tascam EZ Connect for end-users is a simple app for only the most necessary settings
- PS-P1220E AC adapter (can also be used for redundant power supply when operating at PoE)
- AK-RS1 rackmount shelf for two units to be mounted side by side
|Formats and channels||44.1/48/88.2/96kHz,16/24-bit, 4 channels|
|Gigabit Ethernet standard||1000BASE-T (IEEE 802.3ab)|
|Cables||category 5e or faster STP cables|
|ANALOG OUT connectors|
|Connector||XLR-3-32 (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD)|
|Nominal output levels||+4 dBu (when Ref. Level not -9 dBFS)|
+6 dBu (when Ref. Level set to -9 dBFS)
|Maximum output level (switchable)||+15 dBu (Ref. Level: -9 dBFS)|
+18 dBu (Ref. Level: -14 dBFS)
+20 dBu (Ref. Level: -16 dBFS)
+22 dBu (Ref. Level: -18 dBFS)
+24 dBu (Ref. Level: -20 dBFS)
|Output impedance||200 Ω or lower|
|Power||PoE class 0|
TASCAM PS-P1220E AC adapter (sold separately)
|Dimensions||214 x 44.45 x 136.1 mm (W x H x D, including protrusions)|
|Operating temperature range||0°C-40°C|
|Included items||Installation brackets, Owner’s manual (including warranty)|
|DANTE IN → LINE OUT|
|Frequency response||+/-0.5 dB: 20 Hz – 20 kHz(44.1/48kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)|
+/-0.5 dB: 20 Hz – 40 kHz(88.2/96kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)
|Distortion (THD+N)||0.002 %(when -1 dBFS input, 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz samplingfrequency, JEITA)|
|S/N ratio||108 dB (44.1/48/88.2/96kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)|
|Crosstalk||100 dB (44.1/48/88.2/96kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)|
|Dynamic range||108 dB (44.1/48/88.2/96kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)|