The MM-4D/IN is an exquisite analogue input unit that converts four mic/line input signals into four Dante output signals. In addition, it also supports four-channel Dante input as well, making it possible to use virtually any audio sources within an established Dante network. Available with Euroblock (MM-4D/IN-E) or XLR (MM-4D/IN-X) connectors for analogue inputs, this model can be used for a wide range of applications.
The MM-4D/IN is part of the Tascam Dante Compact Processor Series consisting of compact, half-rack size audio converters for Dante/AES67 networks. The models easily add additional mic/line or AES/EBU inputs/outputs to Dante audio networks in public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios or upmarket domestic environment and can be freely combined.
A key advantage of the product range is the DSP processor built into each unit. By providing not only mixing functions and EQ but also dynamic processing, automatic level control, auto-ducking, routing and noise compensation, even small systems can fully perform without additional signal processing or mixing devices. From the input of microphone signals to the output of powered speakers or recording devices, the Dante Compact Processor Series can build up a complete small system on their own.
Remote control is possible via two different software applications available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices: Tascam DCP Connect for configuration and Tascam EZ Connect for end users, both of which are simple to use and included with the units. The MM-4D/IN also offers the possibility to mute its inputs via GPI.
All models can be powered by PoE or an optional AC adapter. By using power daisy-chaining, two units mounted side-by-side in a rack can be powered by one AC adapter.
Studio-quality mic preamps for the clear and clean sound you expect
The MM-4D/IN features four natural-sounding, high-grade mic preamplifiers made by Tascam with all the knowledge and experience cultivated through the years in the making of pro audio equipment. Input range covers from –74 dBu to +26 dBu, with equivalent input noise achieving less than –125 dB, and signal-to-noise ratio over 105 dB.
DSP features for everything your audio needs
The MM-4D/IN incorporates a complete set of DSP functions for all the processing your input audio signals might need, plus mixing and internal routing. You can set gain, trim, phase, compression, 4-band EQ and more for each input and apply 10-band EQ, delay, limiting and other features to each output.
Built-in 8×4 mixer
Using the internal mixer, you can mix up to eight input sources (four mic/line inputs with four Dante input channels) and create four different mixes which can then be assigned to Dante outputs via the routing matrix. The mixer is also equipped with a ducking function and an ANC (ambient noise compensator) function, which detects the level of environmental sounds and automatically adjusts the input level of the source.
Built-in 12×4 routing matrix
The routing matrix lets you assign the four mic/line inputs, four mixes or four Dante inputs to the four Dante outputs. And if you need only a simple mic/line input unit, you can bypass the entire mixer and assign just inputs to Dante outputs.
Store scene presets and recall them using timer eventsYou can save your input/output routings, mix levels and other settings as one of 50 presets. This makes it easy to switch between different types of events or environments. By using scene presets together with the timer event function* (which brings its own SNTP client), it is possible to automatically change settings at specified times.
*Timer event function is planned for a future firmware update.
Comfortable and reliable: Power supply via PoE
All DCP series models can be powered over the network connection (PoE, Power over Ethernet). This means you don’t need an AC adapter for each unit – there does not even have to be a socket at the installation site when using a PoE compatible network switch. This can lead to drastically reduced installation costs if a system consists of several DCP units.
Remote control via dedicated software
The MM-4D/IN has comprehensive DSP functions on board that can be controlled by software on a laptop, tablet computer, or even smartphone. Depending on the amount of controls the user should have access to, you can choose between two types of remote control software:
- Tascam DCP Connect: Designed for system integrators/managers who handle the configuration and settings of an entire system.
- Tascam EZ Connect: Designed for end-users, allowing them to use simple controls. The administrator can specify which controls are accessible.
Flexible routing through Dante Controller
Apart from its internal routing capabilities, audio from the MM-4D/IN can be assigned to other devices via the Dante Controller, a configuration software used to manage all the audio devices in a Dante network. Our DCP models are also compatible with Dante Domain Manager which features security functions and enables the use of wide-area networks and subnets. This helps to easily integrate the Dante Compact Processor Series into already established network infrastructures. And with the AES67 mode, even connection to Ravenna and similar AES67 networks is possible.
- Four balanced mic/line inputs with 48 V phantom power
- Two product variants:
- MM-4D/IN-E: Equipped with Euroblock connectors for permanent installation
- MM-4D/IN-X: Equipped with XLR connectors for touring and other more flexible applications
- Dante interface allows audio signals to be transferred over an Ethernet network
- Two LAN connectors for Dante daisy-chaining
- Flexible routing with “Dante Controller” software
- AES67 is supported to allow connection with Ravenna and other compatible audio network technologies
- Up to 96 kHz sampling rate and 24 bit resolution
- Front-panel indicators for operation status and current sample rate
- Signal and overload indicators for analogue input signals
- Inputs can be muted by GPI (MM-4D/IN-E only)
- Power supply by PoE (Power over Ethernet) or optional PS-P1220E AC adapter
- Power daisy-chaining allows two units to be supplied from one AC adapter
- Half-rack size chassis (1U)
- Attachment brackets included for mounting the unit under a table top, for example
- Four Dante audio input and output channels
- Powerful DSP mixer
- Input features: phantom power on/off, polarity, sensitivity (gain), trim, automatic level control, 4-band equalizer, mute, fader
- Mixer features: Matrix mixer, ducking, ambient noise compensator (ANC), routing
- Up to 50 scene presets can be saved
- Timer event function allows presets to be switched at specific times (planned for a future update)
- Five different reference levels available to adapt to virtually any application in consumer, professional or broadcast environments
- Two types of control software available (compatible with Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices):
- Tascam MX Connect for system integrators offers full access to virtually all settings
- Tascam EZ Connect for end-users is a simple app for only the most necessary settings
- PS-P1220E AC adapter (can also be used for redundant power supply when operating at PoE)
- AK-RS1 rackmount shelf for two units to be mounted side by side
|Number of channels and formats||4 channels, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 16/24 bit|
|Analogue inputs (ANALOG IN)||MM-4D/IN-E: Balanced Euroblock connectors, 3.81 mm pitch|
MM-4D/IN-X: XLR connectors (XLR-3-31, 1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD)
|Minimum input level||–70 dBu|
|Maximum input level||+26 dBu|
|Input impedance||≥2 kΩ|
|Note: 0 dBu equals 0.775 Vrms|
|Other inputs and outputs|
|Dante/Ethernet connectors (DATA/DATA+PoE)||RJ-45|
|Gigabit Ethernet standard||1000BASE-T (IEEE 802.3ab)|
|Cable requirements||Cat 5e or better STP cables|
|External muting control (LED/SWITCH/GND, MM-4D/IN-E only)||Balanced Euroblock connectors, 3.81 mm pitch|
|Output format||Open collector (10 Ω output impedance, 48 V withstand voltage, 35 mA maximum current)|
|Maximum output voltage for Low level||0.5 V|
|Maximum input voltage||5.5 V|
|Minimum input voltage for High level||2.31 V|
|Maximum input voltage for Low level||0.99 V|
|Microphone input to Dante output|
|Mic amp EIN (equivalent input noise)||≤–125 dB |
(150 Ω, 22 kHz LPF, A-weighted, JEITA)
|Frequency response||20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.5 % (sampling frequency 44,1/48 kHz, JEITA)|
20 Hz – 40 kHz, ±0.5 % (sampling frequency 88,2/96 kHz, JEITA)
|Distortion (THD+N)||≤0.003 %|
(−1 dBFS input, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)
|S/N ratio||≥108 dB |
(44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)
|Crosstalk||≥100 dB |
(44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)
|Dynamic range||≥108 dB (44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz sampling frequency, JEITA)|
|Note: JEITA indicates compliance with JEITA CP-2150|
|Power supply and other specifications|
|Power supply||PoE class 0|
Tascam PS-P1220E AC adapter (sold separately)
|Power consumption||7.5 W|
|Dimensions (W × H × D)||214 mm × 45 mm × 136 mm (including protrusions)|
|Permissible operating temperature range||0–40 ºC|