Analogue Inputs and Outputs for Dante Networks – Top-Quality Audio Begins Right Here
The SB-16D is a Dante-enabled active stage box with 16 analogue inputs and 16 analogue outputs. As an analogue interface equipped with 32-bit A/D converters and Class 1 HDIA microphone preamps, the SB-16D captures your audio in the highest quality right at the beginning of the signal path. You can use multiple devices simultaneously in a Dante network – placed on the floor or mounted in a rack.
Having the same performance and hardware quality as Tascam Sonicview live recording consoles, the SB-16D offers all the advantages of Dante networking, combined with seamless integration with Sonicview mixers and other Dante-enabled products from Tascam – and other manufacturers.
Seamless Integration with Sonicview Mixers
When an SB-16D stage box is connected to a Tascam Sonicview, microphone gain can be remotely controlled from the mixing console, and all inputs and outputs come up on the touchscreens for hassle-free ease of use. In addition, the SB-16D is equipped with a GPIO interface with eight inputs and outputs. These expand to 16 GPIO ins and outs when connected to a Sonicview mixer, facilitating parallel control.
A Complete Package With the Features You Need
Easily accommodate large ensembles and extensive installed Dante systems using 16 XLR mic/line inputs and 16 XLR line outputs. Need more I/O? Simply network multiple SB-16Ds. The mic/line inputs are extremely quiet, achieving –128 dBu EIN and allowing a maximum input level of +32 dBu. Each input channel offers switchable 48-volt phantom power with indicator as well as signal and overload LEDs for monitoring the input level. Level indicators on the line outputs show the presence of signals.
Superior Networking, Reliable Operation
The SB-16D supports Dante Domain Manager in addition to AES67 and SMPTE 2110 interoperability. Two Dante ports equipped with etherCON-compatible network connectors enable redundant streams with robust connections. For increased system reliability, a DC input is provided for a redundant power supply (not included).
Class 1 HDIA Mic Preamps and 32-Bit ADCs for Best-in-Class Sound
As in Sonicview mixers, each microphone input of the SB-16D feeds a Tascam Class 1 HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) preamp – the finest mic preamplifier we’ve ever made. Thanks to an instrumentation amplifier with extraordinary good noise characteristics in the first stage, these microphone preamps exhibit excellent equivalent input noise (EIN), signal-to-noise ratio, distortion ratio and frequency response. The microphone inputs can handle signal levels up to +32 dBu, providing plenty of headroom for sudden level increases.
The combination of Class 1 HDIA preamps, 32-bit ADCs and a sampling frequency of 96 kHz results in best-in-class sound that will never disappoint.
Flexible Positioning on the Floor or in a 19-Inch Rack
Whether you want a networked floor box for stage use, or rack-mounted inputs and outputs for recording and broadcast studios and commercial installs, the SB-16D provides the flexibility you need. It can be installed in an EIA rack (3U) with the included brackets, which offer two angle options. Mount the jack panel on the front of the rack and take advantage of the SB-16D’s cable hole to conveniently and safely route connected cables in the back.
Large rubber feet maintain stability, even with cables connected, when the SB-16D is used as a floor box. Multiple stage boxes can be stacked for ease of transportation and stability during installation. And a handle makes the SB-16D easy to carry.
Full Remote Control
Whether your SB-16D is onstage, backstage, in a control room or in an equipment closet, you’re always in full control with the free software Tascam IO Control for Windows, macOS and iPadOS. Manage your stage box from virtually anywhere in the venue, even when the SB-16D is used in standalone mode.
- Dante-enabled stage box and interface with 16 analogue audio inputs and outputs
- Redundant Dante operation using Primary/Secondary lines
- Equipped with etherCON-compatible connectors
- Support for Dante Domain Manager
- AES67 is supported to allow connection with Ravenna and other compatible audio network technologies
- Data transfer compliant to SMPTE 2110
- 16 balanced mic/line inputs (XLR) with switchable phantom power (48 V), input signal and overload indicators
- 16 balanced line outputs (XLR) with output signal indicators
- Up to 96 kHz sampling frequency at 32-bit resolution
- Can be positioned on the floor or mounted in a rack (3U)
- Fully controllable from connected Sonicview mixer
- Remote control and offline editing using Tascam IO Control software for Windows, macOS and iPadOS
- Selectable reference level
- GPIO interface with eight inputs and outputs, expands to 16 inputs and outputs when connected to a Sonicview mixer
- Selectable LED brightness
- DC input for redundant power supply (DC power supply not included)