Germanium microphone preamp
FetHead Germanium is a high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier. It provides a punchy and direct, ‘larger than life’ germanium sound for ribbon and dynamic microphones, adding classy Germanium harmonics. Sounding full and rich it is reminiscent of much higher priced vintage gear, making FetHead Ge’s desirable coloration a really great addition to (Interface) preamps which sound rather neutral.
Germanium transistors were widely used in earliest transistor designs by Neve, EMI, Telefunken, and Fairchild, and have developed a reputation for a decidedly vintage mojo that remains sought after today. We created a novel hybrid circuit that consists of low noise JFets and a hand-selected ‘new old stock’ germanium transistor to take full advantage of the “Germanium” sound and at the same time achieve the same sonic quality we are known for.
Protects the microphone
Some ribbon microphone do not tolerate phantom power. FetHead Germanium circuit uses 48v phantom power but shields it from the microphone, your microphone is protected.
- Preamp with germanium harmonics
- For ribbon and dynamic microphones
- Great addition to neutral sounding preamps
- Adds 29dB amplification
- Lifetime warranty NOS Germanium transistor
- For Ribbon & Dynamic microphones
- Hybrid JFet/Germanium amplifier
- 29dB amplification
- New old stock Germanium transistor
- Shielded rugged enclosure
- Requires 48V Phantom Power