Boost your microphone
FetHead is a low-noise, high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier. It provides improved sound for Ribbon and Dynamic microphones. The electronics are housed in a robust metal chassis with a balanced 3-pole female XLR input and a balanced 3-pole male XLR output, rugged enough for use at home, in the studio or on tour.
Which microphones benefit
In short, we noticed an improvement on all tested microphones. A Shure SM57 for instance, sounds more responsive over a broader frequency range. When mated with a high-end dynamic microphone like a Sennheiser MD441, or Shure SM7 FetHead really shines. Ribbon microphones benefit greatly too because of a much better impedance match, which lessens the load on the microphone, giving it better transient response characteristics. FetHeads high quality, low noise signal amplification also extends the usable range of a ribbon microphone, making it more suitable for recording softer passages.
Protects the microphone
Some ribbon microphones do not tolerate phantom power. FetHead’s circuit uses 48v phantom power but shields it from the microphone, the microphone is protected.
- For Ribbon and dynamic microphones
- Often imitated never duplicated
- 27dB’s of clean gain
- Lowers the noise floor of your recordings
- Easy install – 2 clicks and done
- For Ribbon & Dynamic microphones
- 27dB amplification (@3 KOhm load)
- Ultra low noise Class A JFet amplifier
- 4 matched jFets
- Z-in 22KOhm
- Your mic performs under “no-load” condition
- Frequency response 10hz-100khz (+/- 1dB)
- Shielded rugged enclosure
- Requires 24-48V Phantom Power